App Development for Food Delivery
People of different generations, especially young people, are now shifting their eating priorities from eating or cooking at home to food delivery services. This approach has many advantages: if you do not have the necessary products or time to cook or go out, you can get any dish from your favorite restaurants in a reasonably short time.
Just choose what you want, add it to your cart and pay online if you want. Isn't that amazing?
In Starter Idea Matrix by Eric Stromberg, such a product could take place in an empty Cooking on Demand cell. We already know the service on-demand in another area - transport - known Uber. However, Uber went further and introduced the UberEats demand delivery service. UberEats is one of the fastest-growing food delivery services, at least in the United States.
Creating applications such as UberEats means building bridges between restaurants and food lovers (or ordinary people who eat only to live).
This is also an advantage as a business idea. Restaurant owners would like to give you everything related to delivery and focus on what they do best: prepare food.
If you're attracted to the idea of providing a demand-based service as a startup, you should consider the most important moments to watch out for.
Minimum Function Requirements to Be Competitive in the Market
First, decide what you need for your future on-demand deployment application.
To keep up with the market, the following issues should generally be considered:
- Fast order and delivery
- Fast and secure payments
- Seamless mobile operation
- Loyalty program
- Geolocation selection
- Notification system
Now let's get to the details and take a closer look at the functions and modules that should be included in the on-demand application for food delivery.
Important Features of the On-demand Delivery App for the Client Module
- Information about all listed restaurants: menu (with photos) and prices.
- Geolocation: a feature that allows customers to choose from nearby cafes and restaurants.
- Registration: customers should be able to register in the system and obtain a personal account so that they can still order quickly in their favorite restaurants and more.
- Live tracking: With this feature, customers can track their delivery status via Google Maps.
- Online payments: Customers should be able to register their cards (one or more) and pay for online delivery. Therefore, in addition to compliance with PCI DSS, payment gateway integration is required. The application should be completely safe for users.
- Optional automatic payments: Customers who choose online payments should be able to do so effortlessly. Add the option of automatic payment so that the money is automatically charged after each order and the invoice is sent to the user's email address.
- History: An option that allows customers to track the entire transaction history.
- Feedback from customers: the ability to give feedback, give feedback or evaluate the restaurant/delivery service.
- Loyalty program: To stand out from other similar applications, you need to develop a unique program that rewards your future loyal customers and provides them with discounts, coupons and other promotions.
- Integration with social media: it will serve you well because users will be able to log in via social networks and you can learn more about your target audience. Customers are happy to share food entries that they ordered through your application.
Features of the on-demand shipping app for courier module
As you can understand, someone must deliver the food you ordered through your application. Suppliers also need features tailored to their needs in the application.
- On-board platform: an application module in which suppliers can register in the system and undergo the verification process.
- Orders: a module for suppliers to view, approve and reject orders, view customer address and other required data. Couriers also see collection points in this module - addresses of cafes and restaurants.
- Personal account: All orders and earnings are displayed.
- Built-in GPS navigation
- Functionality in terms of notifying customers: Using this function, suppliers inform customers about the status of the order (approved, received, delivered).
- Feedback: Not only customers should be able to submit comments and ratings - but this also applies to suppliers.
- History: Option enabling couriers to track the entire history of orders, including canceled orders.
Functions of The On-demand Delivery App for Admin Module
It is an internet module that you and the person you employ can manage all processes and get an overview.
- A dashboard with all customer profiles, suppliers, restaurant lists and their pages. The administrator should be able to block any page in the system if some rules are violated.
- Billing dashboard with information on all orders and payment transactions.
- Advanced analysis and reporting: this module integrates all types of business data that provide valuable information:
- orders placed
- how many of them have been completed
- which restaurants are more popular
- in which areas is your application more popular?
- rush hour
- total number of users, restaurants, and couriers
- your profit for a month or a year thanks to the appropriate graphics.
4. The real-time customer service module
What Should you Look for to Develop a Food Delivery App?
Now that you know the key functions of the meal ordering app, continue with the steps and things to consider.
- Hire an experienced team of professionals.
It is not easy to create a high-quality food delivery application. There are many things you need to do:
Requirements acquisition and specification preparation
- UX and UI design; building prototypes
- MVP Development
- Creating mobile applications
- Creating web applications (administration module)
- Quality assurance and testing.
2. Creating software for many platforms can be a good solution.
3. Choose a simple and simple design without unnecessary functions. Pay special attention to the appearance of the user interface.
4. Ensure online payment and PCI compliance.
5. Negotiate with restaurants, sign contracts with suppliers and make sure they stay with you for a long time.
6. Engage customers: find out where your target group is (e.g. Social Media) and inform them about your application.
7. Probably a priority item on the list: collect and analyze customer feedback after running MVP.
This phase is crucial for learning when you are heading in the right direction, identifying vulnerabilities, correcting mistakes and correcting everything you can before you begin.
8. Run the Food Delivery application, publish it on Google Play or AppStore.
Promote your product, keep an eye on the ball, constantly collect customer reviews and build strong partnerships with restaurants and suppliers. There's a lot on your plate, right? Leave it to the professionals.